Canadian Natural Resouces Limited
As the Senior Environmental Coordinator – Wildlife, you will make a significant contribution to Canadian Natural’s Environmental programs. This position will develop and implement wildlife management and mitigation programs at Canadian Natural’s Oil Sand Mining operations while reporting to the Lead of Research (Wetlands & Aquatics). You will develop strategic wildlife management plans and be responsible for ensuring safe, high quality execution of field programs that deliver on regulatory and stakeholder commitments. Although located at Horizon, this position will deliver support for Oil Sands Mining at both the Albian and Horizon mining operations.
- Develop and implement wildlife management, monitoring, and mitigation programs for Oil Sands mining operations
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies on matters pertaining to wildlife deterrents, environmental monitoring and regulatory compliance
- Perform inspections of facilities for environmental compliance tracking
- Manage wildlife research programs, participate in multi-stakeholder regional initiatives, and provide site wildlife awareness support
- Support and execute field activities for wildlife management programs, e.g. nest survey, wildlife sweeps, injured wildlife response, nuisance wildlife management, proactive site inspections to identify waste/wildlife issues, and monitoring programs (cameras, acoustic recording units)
- Work with the mine reclamation team to establish wildlife habitat within reclamation areas
- Job location: Fort McMurray, Alberta – Horizon Oil Sands site
- Shift schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off, 10 hour days, Monday to Thursday
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must 7+ years of experience in the field of biology along with environmental field experience
- Must have a Degree in a related discipline and a professional designation completed or in process of completion
- Experience in writing reports for regulators and management
- An understanding of environmental issues within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ArcGIS
- Expertise in relevant environmental regulations and codes including:
- Alberta Energy Regulator
- Alberta Environment and Parks
- Environment Canada
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is May 26, 2023. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.