Website Suncor Energy Ltd.
Joining Suncor means you will work for one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive and lead. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise.
Student positions (including co-ops and interns) at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with significant and meaningful work experiences to help enable you to figure out where you want your career to go – better yet, many of our students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you outstanding academic and career growth.
- Second, Third or Fourth year student enrolled in a Sciences or Engineering program with an environmental focus
- You must be returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Please attach your most recent transcripts with your application
- Support various reclamation and closure programs and projects, including literature search and reviews, coordination of people/ resources, enabling progress on annual program commitments and requirements
- Prepare samples for lab analysis, and co-ordinate field logistics, such as sample collection, shipping, equipment servicing, and materials supplies
- Enter, manage, analyze, and compile different types of wildlife, environment and regulatory data
- Assist in producing standardized environmental reports (GHG and energy) that analyze historical and forecasted data
- Update and assist in the creation of presentations, reports, spreadsheets, and flowcharts
Location & Other Key Details:
- Potential Locations for student role include Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray (Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo), MacKay River, Fort Hills (Fly-in-Fly-Out). You will be asked to indicate your availability in your application
- This is an 8 or 12 -month term beginning January through August or December 2023
Our operations include oil sands development and upgrading, conventional and offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and our product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our renewable energy portfolio includes investments in four operating wind farms and the operation of an ethanol plant. And our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business.
With a strong strategy for growth and our long-standing approach to sustainability, operational excellence, capital discipline and technology and innovation, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career. We offer rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions – all of which means tremendous potential for your future. We are focused on deepening our commitment to inclusion and diversity and creating a respectful workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We have numerous employee inclusion networks to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change within Suncor. Current networks include both workplace inclusion networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship). Through the Journey of Reconciliation, we are progressing the way we think and act to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada. Please note we will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
To apply for this job please visit suncor.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.