University of Alberta
Remote Camera Analysis (Contract)
University of Alberta, Dr. Evelyn Merrill
Position: The primary responsibility of the technician will be to perform preliminary analysis using images recorded from remote cameras. The goal is to determine mule deer density and define contact events between conspecific mule deer and their environment. This work will be conducted remotely (from personal computer) by the technician.
The project: This work is in collaboration with a research team studying Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in mule deer based out of the University of Alberta.
· Must be a Canadian citizen
· Should have or be working towards a B.Sc. in Biology, Ecology, or related field
· Experience working in R and ArcGIS
· Experience conducting statistical analyses independently
· Data management experience
Duration: 4 Months (Start date: end of May)
Apply By: Wednesday May 20, 2020
How to apply: Email a single PDF containing a cover letter, CV/resume, and list of references. Send the application and any inquiries to Johanna Thalmann at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com