- This event has passed.
BE WILD: An Experience Auction
July 27 @ 09:00 – August 5 @ 09:00 UTC
The ACTWS has always been so grateful to have an array of experienced, creative, and supportive members. The support of our members has been integral to the success of our annual conference silent auction. This year, we’re taking the auction online! We are excited to expand our auction into this new realm and open our fabulous prizes to all Albertans with an interest in wildlife!
What is an Experience Auction?
Each year, some ACTWS members donate a guided experience as a prize for our silent auction. These experiences give people an opportunity to engage in an outdoor activity, learn something new from experts, and meet other ACTWS members. Examples of past experiences have included a weekend of hunting or fishing, a weekend on a trapline, and a day of wildlife photography.
Selling experiences is a great way for the ACTWS to do what we do best – go outside and share our expertise with each other and our broader community. This is a great opportunity to get outside, make new friends, and learn new outdoor skills, all while supporting your ACTWS!
What are the prizes?
So far, this year’s online auction features:
- An Alberta Trapline Experience
- Hunting with Dumb and Dumberer
- A day of fly fishing in Montana or Yellowstone
- A weekend of fly fishing in Southern Alberta
- A guided bear safety and behaviour hike
- A wildlife photography lesson
How will the auction work?
The auction will launch on July 27, 2020 at 9am and run until August 5, 2020 at 9am. Detailed item descriptions can be found at: https://www.32auctions.com/BeWildACTWS. Each day we will highlight items on our social media and you can read more about each item through the links above.
Follow these steps to bid on an item:
- Go to https://www.32auctions.com/BeWildACTW
- Click on “View All Items” on the left sid
- A yellow banner will appear at the top of the screen that says “You need to be logged in to participate. Would you like to login now or create an account?” You can either create an account or click on items to learn more about them.
- The items are all listed below an ad banner. Click on an item to see its bidding information. Scroll past another ad banner to read the complete item description.
- To bid on an item, you’ll need to create a free account. Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to you from 32 Auction to confirm your account.
- Bid on items at will!
- Cross your fingers and hope you are a winner!
- 32Auctions will notify you if you are the winner once the auction ends on August 5. You can pay for your experience through the 32Auctions website.
- The ACTWS will email your prize to you and connect you with the donor to arrange the details.
We need your help!
If you have something you’d like to donate, don’t be shy! Donate your experience before July 31, 2020! Email Sarah with your donation or to brainstorm one!
Share this post and the auction with your friends and family. The more people we have spreading the word, the more interest and bids we can generate for these unique prizes.